Upcoming Florida Strongman Competition Information
2012 NAS Florida Strongman Championships
Date: Saturday, February 11, 2012
Promoter: Tom Mitchell – NAS Florida State Chairman
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Gold Level Show - National Qualifier
Location: Countryside Recreation Center - Clearwater, Florida
Click here for Entry Form
Admission: Free for Spectators
Weigh-In: 9:00 a.m. Saturday, February 11.
Early Weigh-In: 9:00 am. Friday, February 10.
Rules: 9:30 a.m. – February 11 at the event location
Contact NAS State Chairman Tom Mitchell for more info: 727-637-4641 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lightweight 200lbs and under
Middleweight 201 - 231 lbs
1. 2" Axle Clean and Press - Complete Clean & Press Each Rep - 60 sec. limit
Competitor must wait for down signal before beginning next repetition. Implement must be pressed until elbows are in a locked position.
Belt, Sleeves and Wrist Supports Okay -- 60 second time limit - competitor MUST maintain control of the weight at all times - dropping the weight will cost you a rep!
Novice & Teen: 185lbs.
Masters & Lightweight Men: 225lbs.
Middleweight Men: 250lbs.
Heavyweight Men: 275lbs.
2. Farmers Walk - Max Distance - 100 ft. run each way - 1 drop and you are done.
Competitors will carry loaded Farmers Bars for a maximum distance - no time limit. One drop of the implements and you are done. Turns will be at 100 feet. No straps or grip attachments allowed. Belt and chalk okay.
Novice & Teen: 200lbs. each hand
Women: 150lbs. each hand
Masters & Lightweight Men: 240lbs. each hand
Middleweight Men: 270lbs. each hand
Heavyweight Men: 300lbs. each hand
3. Sled Drag and Prowler Push Medley - Pull sled for 75 ft. and then push a Prowler II back 75 ft. 90 second time limit.
Competitors will pull a sled equipped with approximately 8 feet of chain and a plain steel 16" straight handle for 75 feet and then push a Prowler II implement back 75 feet. 90 second time limit - fastest time wins event.
Novice & Teen: 400 lb. Sled - Prowler TBA
Women: 300 lb. Sled - Prowler TBA
Masters & Lightweight Men: 500 lb. Sled - Prowler TBA
Middleweight Men: 550 lb. Sled - Prowler TBA
Heavyweight Men: 600 lb. Sled - Prowler TBA
4. Farmers Deadlift - Competitors stand on 3/4" rubber mats and deadlift a pair of Farmers Bars - max reps in 60 seconds. Competitor will wait for a down call on each rep. No straps or grip attachments allowed. Belt, chalk and suits are okay.
Novice & Teen: 240lbs. per hand
Women: 200lbs. per hand
Masters & Lightweight Men: 270lbs. per hand
Middleweight Men: 300lbs. per hand
Heavyweight Men: 330lbs. per hand
5. Keg Carry & Load for reps: Competitor will carry a keg for 75 feet to a 52" platform and then load and deload it. Max reps wins. 60 second time limit. Keg cannot be rolled. Keg cannot be shouldered.
Novice & Teen: 205lb. Keg
Women: 175lb. Keg
Masters & Lightweight Men: 250lb. Keg
Middleweight Men: 275lb. Keg
Heavyweight Men: 325lb. Keg
Contest weights & times will continue to be tested!
Peak Performance Radio
North American Strongman
Images and text are the property of FloridaStrongman.com and should not be used without permission. Please contact email@example.com for more information about this website or NAS Florida Events.
Website concept and design by Joshua Davis, courtesy of Small Business Systems Inc.